Make plans to join cachers from across the state for a weekend long event full of fun & fellowship
Starting Friday evening September 29th wrapping up Sunday Am October 1st
At Roosevelt State Park, Near Morton MS.
Make reservations now for the weekend or just come for the day Saturday, but do make plans to attend.
Plans are still being developed so watch for additional details in the near future:
- Friday Night Camp Fire (GC7789C)
- Saturday Geo CLUE Series and other activities
- Picnic Lunch
- Afternoon Fellowship
- Pot Luck Supper (GC77N40)
- Prizes & Announcements
- Night Cache Adventure (GCXXXX - Will publish that evening)
This is a Family Oriented Event and all Park Rules Apply:
- If you are arriving after 5pm please contact the park to make sure proper arrangements can be made.
- contact numbers are posted at the gatehouse or at the main office of the park.
- No alcohol beverages
- Pets allowed only in designated areas.
- No feeding of deer allowed at the Roosevelt Whitetail Deer Research Facility.
Make plans now
The Gathering itself will start at 8:30 Sat AM where you can pick up your Challenge Sheet to find the special caches in and around the park for chances at Prizes that afternoon. Watch for details on the Picnic lunch and other special events. Rumor has it there is a Lost Walking Stick in the Park.
After a Pot Luck Supper (Watch for its GCXXXX for time and location) we will gather up to distribute Prizes and information on our next Challenge and results of our Steering Committee elections
But don't leave yet.....there is a Night Cache scheduled to be released while we are there.
Like I said, Lots of fun being planned so make plans to attend